Centre for Advancement of Philanthropy (CAP) is a Mumbai-based support organisation, established in 1986 with a mandate to be a credible and comprehensive resource on charitable activity in India. CAP offers complete compliance advisory to nonprofit organisations, enabling them to be compliant in every respect, in the following areas – Legal, Fundraising, Board Governance, Human Resources, Volunteer Management, Strategy, Communication & CSR Compliance.
To create an enabling environment for the growth and development of philanthropy within and for India, for both donor and recipient organisations through:
- Reliable legal expertise
- Professionalised capacity building through skilled practitioners/management experts
- Credible researched information and data for all stakeholders
- Dissemination of sector related information via publication of resource material
- Forging mutually beneficial NGO-Corporate partnerships
- Encouraging companies to be CSR compliant and empowering them to realise their true potential
- Developing national and international networks
- Advocating with policy makers by being the leading voice for the sector
CAP’s founders were stalwarts of the time, Darius Forbes, Late H T Parekh, Late Russi Lala, and R R Chari among others.
To build a legally-compliant, well-governed, empowered philanthropic sector in India.
- Reliability and efficiency of our services
- Fairness in our dealings with all stakeholders
- Transparency and accountability in our work
- Sustained commitment to the work we undertake
- Nurturing innovative social solutions